EasyPower 9.8.1 SP2 Update Release Notes
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of EasyPower 9.8 Service Pack 2! This release includes new features and improvements to your EasyPower software.
EasyPower 9.8.1 SP2 New & Enhanced Feature Overview
- Device Code on Database Browser and Report: The Device Code for a bus, MCC, panel, or ATS now appears in the Database Browser and on the Database Report.
- Equipment Comments on the Arc Flash Hazard Report: Comments you enter on the Comments tab of a bus, panel, MCC, or ATS now appear on the Arc Flash Hazard report under the column Equipment Comments.
- Importing Combined Protective Devices from OnSite: We have improved the import results when two connected protective devices are imported from OnSite into EasyPower.
For a list of specific fixes in 9.8.1 SP2, look at the bottom of the details page.
EasyPower 9.8 SP1 Update Release Notes
EasyPower 9.8 SP1 New & Enhanced Feature Overview
- Licensing: When you upgrade from a Demo license to a purchased license, the new license is automatically set as the active license. It also becomes the default license unless you have multiple licenses.
- Arc Flash Labels: You now have the ability to include the text “ft” and “in” in the text for boundaries on the arc flash label. A new option is available in the template properties in the label designer to set the arc flash boundary unit as Feet Inches.
- SKM Import: EasyPower now includes support for the custom mapping of panel rows when importing from SKM. For information on custom mapping, refer to the Help topic, “Using Customized Mappings.
- Schedule Variables: The schedule variable %SectionSpace% can now be shown in the schedule template grid for a switchgear, switchboard, and panelboard.
- Arc Flash Labels: Arc flash labels now support displaying a “0” after the decimal place.
For a list of specific fixes in 9.8 SP1, look at the bottom of the details page.
EasyPower 9.8 Update Release Notes
EasyPower LLC is excited to announce our release of EasyPower 9.8! This release includes new features and improvements to your EasyPower software.
EasyPower 9.8 New & Enhanced Feature Overview
- EasyPower OnSite™ Compatibility
- EasyPower Has been updated to be compatible with the new EasyPower OnSite mobile data collection app. This includes:
- A Media Gallery, where you can attach pictures to your power system equipment.
- Collected Data, which displays information imported from other sources, including EasyPower OnSite.
- IEEE 519-2014 Enhancements
- T-ZSI Support
- Support for T-ZSI (threshold zone selective interlocking) for GE Entelliguard trip units.
- Includes cooling classes from latest standards (IEEE C57 and IEC-60076).
- Impedance data now supports X0/R0 field and X/R ratio based on losses.
- Schedule Enhancements
- New text styles and schedule variables have been added.
- New Accessories tab which can include additional accessory and meter data information.
- In-Product Tutorials
- Thirteen product tutorials are now available to help walk you through numerous procedures in EasyPower.
- View a detailed list of all New Features, Enhancements, and Bug Fixes.
Updating from Within EasyPower
If you have a stand-alone license (and not a network license), you can update your software from within EasyPower by selecting Tools > Update. If you are using a network license, you should use the manual update outlined below - download and then activate the software.
Downloading the Software
You can download the installation files from www.easypower.com/updates. Use your serial number to log in to the updates page and download the software update. For other ways to find your serial number, see Technical Help at the bottom of this page.
Activating Your New Software
Your authorization code has been sent to the registered user at your company. This code will be needed when downloading the update outside of the EasyPower software.
As mentioned above, you will need a serial number to download the update, and the authorization code to install the new version of the EasyPower software. Both of these were sent to the registered (primary) user at your company.
EasyPower updates are accessible to all EasyPower users with a current maintenance contract.Please note the following comments associated with this release:
- The EasyPower 9.8 program can be installed side-by-side with your existing version of EasyPower software.
- It is advisable, as you transition to the new version, to always make a backup of your existing files prior to modification in the new version, or save your files with new file names after modification in the new version.
- The EasyPower 9.8 program now uses an updated version of the device library which cannot be used by older EasyPower versions. The new library and other data files will be installed in a new location and new folder (My)Documents\EasyPower 9.8\. You can configure the new file locations in Tools > Options > File Locations.
- Our software engineers are constantly working to provide you with up-to-the-minute technology. Prior to beginning any new project, we suggest you check our website to download any recent updates: www.easypower.com/updates. You can also go to Tools > Update and check for updates.
Files will be installed to the following locations:
- Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPower 9.8
- Application data: ...(My)Documents\EasyPower 9.8
- Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyPower\EasyPower
Important: If you are installing on a network, you must perform the server installation and activation BEFORE you install and activate EasyPower on your client computers.
Please call us at +1(503) 655-5059 option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need any assistance or have technical questions. To give us feedback on the EasyPower 9.8 release, please email email@example.com.
The EasyPower knowledge base has additional solutions to help you use EasyPower to solve your electrical problems.
Technical Help - Finding your serial number
You will need your serial number to log into the updates page. If you are not aware of your serial number, there are three ways to find it:
- Look in your software - Go to File > About EasyPower.
- Hardware key - look on the sticker attached to your USB hardware key.
- Primary user - talk to the main EasyPower contact at your company. You will also need to talk to them to get your new authorization code.
Historical Release Notes
Here is a list of historical release notes as well as update details, for more recent versions.
- v9.0 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.0.3 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.0.4 Release Notes (PDF)
- v22.214.171.1248 Release Notes (PDF)
- v9.5 Release Notes (web page)
- v9.5 Update Details (web page)
- v9.6 Release Notes (web page)
- v9.6 Update Details (web page)
- v9.7 Release Notes (web page)
- v9.7 Update Details (web page)