Calculate and Comply
Performing fault calculations and complying with federal regulations couldn’t
be any easier.
ShortCircuit ensures ANSI C37.010, C37.5, C37.13 and NEMA low-voltage compliance so equipment remains safe and reliable.
Contact Us for pricing.
Powerful Software for Short Circuit Calculations
EasyPower ANSI ShortCircuit software delivers intelligent, easy-to-use tools to:
- Perform ANSI-standard short-circuit calculations
- Comply with ANSI, NFPA 70E, NEMA, and NEC standards and regulations
- Verify equipment duty ratings instantly on the one-line
- Calculate momentary (close and latch), interrupting duty and relay currents for protective device settings
- Study voltage sensitivity cases
- Determine system response to short circuits
Advantages | Beyond Comparison
No other program on the market can match ShortCircuit’s:
- Interactive user interface, saving time and frustration
- Calculations in full compliance with ANSI, NEMA and UL requirements, ensuring the most accurate and safe equipment duty comparisons
- Fast and easy analysis automatically delivered by the most advanced features in the industry
- Interactive simulation, with a simple mouse click, mimicking real-world breaker switching and short-circuit results
Compare and Verify
SmartDuty™, an expert system included with ShortCircuit, compares each equipment rating with the calculated fault duties, highlighting any problem areas on the one-line and providing a tabular report showing the equipment data, the available fault current, and the critical problem areas.
For the utmost in speed and accuracy, rely on SmartDuty to automatically determine the critical current through the equipment—line-side or load-side—whichever is greatest for the most accurate comparison available.
Design | Troubleshoot | Protect
With simple mouse clicks, system designers can easily determine the proper equipment ratings for:
- Switchgear, breakers, switches, and fuses,
- Busway, motor control centers, and panelboards
Using ShortCircuit’s advanced tools, analytical engineers troubleshoot many types of electrical problems, including protective device tripping, arc flash hazards, equipment damage, and more.
Operators are able to make intelligent switching decisions using ShortCircuit’s quick and accurate calculations of fault duties. Switching and arc flash conditions are clearly displayed, helping to avoid dangerous hazards.
Try Before You Buy
Download a free evaluation copy of our short circuit software today. It’s the smartest, easiest way to decide!
More on Short Circuit
A Practical Guide to Short Circuit Calculations written by Conrad St. Pierre. This 536-page hard cover is a comprehensive guide to AC short-circuit currents. Buy Now.