Power Flow Analysis
EasyPower’s power-flow analysis utilizes a computer model to examine normal steady state and contingency conditions in an electrical system. A power-flow solution provides voltages and equipment loadings under a given set of system conditions. A series of power-flow cases can show the effects of various design alternatives or equipment outages on system operation.
An engineer can use power flow cases to:
- Examine benefits of load-tap-changing transformers
- Examine benefits of power-factor correction capacitors
- Select locations for power-factor correction capacitors
- Set taps on fixed-tap transformers
- Explore steady state performance of expansion alternatives
- Determine ratings for new or upgraded circuits
- Determine equipment loading
In addition, a power flow case can provide a snapshot of system voltages during motor starting, impact loading, or other short-term events that affect system voltages.
Contact us to learn more about EasyPower power-flow studies.
EasyPower Engineering Studies
Click a link below to read details of our engineering studies.